[IPython-User] Integration with eclipse

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sun Oct 23 05:44:31 CDT 2011

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your answer.

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 October 2011 22:14, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  - with 0.11, ipython does not show the representation of the output
>> of each line
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean. For each input 'cell', we show the repr of
> the output from the last line, if that line is an expression. This is
> similar to what previous releases of IPython did, although the mechanisms
> have changed.

Yes, that's what I meant. When ipython is used instead of traditional
python inside eclipse, this is not shown. I tried to update ipython
0.10 to 0.11, without any change. Is this a known issue ?

> Is eclipse able to embed Qt widgets? If so, it's fairly easy, because the Qt
> console is designed as a widget. If not, you would have to write a frontend
> for eclipse. This uses JSON and ZeroMQ to talk to the IPython backend.
> Microsoft already did a frontend for Visual Studio.

I see. I am quite unfamiliar with eclipse, but it looks like you can
embed qt inside SWT, so this may be doable in little amount of time.

regards,

David