[IPython-User] Tab completion in qtconsole

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Oct 24 07:52:38 CDT 2011

On 24 October 2011 13:01, thron7 <thron7@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 10/22/2011 01:50 PM, Phyo Arkar wrote:
> > Yeah i expected the same behavior too at same os.<TAB>
> >
> > Can we go without Pager in qtconsole when completion is too long?
>
> Yeah, as the qtconsole is scrollable anyway, the extra pager doesn't
> make much sense, does it?! The tab completion output could be pasted
> into the console directly, and the unfinished prompt expression be
> re-established below it. You could go through the output using the
> normal scrollbar, and finish your input line just by just typing ahead.

Since I responded in this thread before, I should clarify that I think
you're probably right, but it doesn't bother me enough at the moment to work
on it. If either of you want to work on it, we can point you to the relevant
part of the code. Maybe one of the other developers will pick it up, but I
doubt it's high priority.

I've made an issue for it: https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/925

Thomas