[IPython-User] Tab completion in qtconsole

thron7 thron7@users.sourceforge....
Mon Oct 24 08:06:49 CDT 2011

On 10/24/2011 02:52 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> On 24 October 2011 13:01, thron7 <thron7@users.sourceforge.net
> <mailto:thron7@users.sourceforge.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/22/2011 01:50 PM, Phyo Arkar wrote:
>      > Yeah i expected the same behavior too at same os.<TAB>
>      >
>      > Can we go without Pager in qtconsole when completion is too long?
>
>     Yeah, as the qtconsole is scrollable anyway, the extra pager doesn't
>     make much sense, does it?! The tab completion output could be pasted
>     into the console directly, and the unfinished prompt expression be
>     re-established below it. You could go through the output using the
>     normal scrollbar, and finish your input line just by just typing ahead.
>

> Since I responded in this thread before, I should clarify that I think
> you're probably right, but it doesn't bother me enough at the moment to
> work on it. If either of you want to work on it, we can point you to the
> relevant part of the code. Maybe one of the other developers will pick
> it up, but I doubt it's high priority.
>
> I've made an issue for it: https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/925

Thanks, Thomas. I wasn't pushing for it, rather thinking aloud, to be a
bit more preceise with what I meant when I wrote the behaviour wasn't
"what I expected". Just in case any of you wanted to spec it out.

T.