[IPython-User] Using embedded IPython with gevent

Dave Foster dave.foster@gmail....
Wed Oct 26 10:27:27 CDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> You might want to try running the script in Python (I see the shebang is
> /usr/bin/ipython). At the moment, embedding IPython inside an IPython
> instance is liable to get messy.

Didn't even notice the shebang - pretty sure I had just been
explicitly calling the script via `python ipy.py`.

> Other than that - what happens when you try? Do you get an error?

No, no errors, IPython seems to be running just fine. What I'm missing
is the "worker" greenlet actually running. I was hoping that while I'm
in the shell, it would still run the greenlet and spit out the string
without me having to explicitly yield control back to the hub.

Background: we're trying to port our old project from Twisted to
gevent, and using the twisted shell interactively while other twisted
stuff happens in the background was a pretty key feature. This is a
major stumbling block right now.

thanks,
dave