[IPython-User] Using embedded IPython with gevent

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Oct 26 10:47:29 CDT 2011

On 26 October 2011 16:27, Dave Foster <dave.foster@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, no errors, IPython seems to be running just fine. What I'm missing
> is the "worker" greenlet actually running. I was hoping that while I'm
> in the shell, it would still run the greenlet and spit out the string
> without me having to explicitly yield control back to the hub.

I'm not familiar with gevent, but I wonder if it is actually running, but
unable to write to stdout for whatever reason. I can't think that IPython
should be interfering with it. Have you tried with a worker loop writing a
file or something?

a = 0
while True:
    time.sleep(2)