[IPython-User] Using embedded IPython with gevent

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Oct 26 11:10:11 CDT 2011

On 26 October 2011 16:55, Dave Foster <dave.foster@gmail.com> wrote:

> How is IPython's REPL implemented, specifically the character input
> etc?  gevent at its core monkeypatches things like os.select, os.read
> (don't quote me on this) to make other code "gevent-compatible" -
> order of imports is very important in this regard.  I can imagine this
> having adverse interactions with many codebases.

What platform are you on? On POSIX platforms, we don't do anything special
as far as I know: readline handles the terminal trickery at the C level. On
Windows, pyreadline might do things like that. Jörgen will know more about
that.

Thomas