[IPython-User] Using embedded IPython with gevent

Dave Foster dave.foster@gmail....
Wed Oct 26 17:28:10 CDT 2011

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:12 PM, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As I understand it gevent is about pseudo-threads, not threads, so you have
>> to be running the gevent eventloop.  Greenlets do not run in the
>> background.
>> That would mean that you have to integrate IPython with the greenlet
>> eventloop, as we do currently with various GUI eventloops via code in
>> IPython.lib.inputhook.

Got a work in progress functional: https://github.com/daf/ipython/commits/gevent

It's not perfect yet as it messes with the line you are typing (at
least when printing to stdout), doesn't appear to break your input
incorrectly, just doesn't refresh the prompt with your current input
as i'd expect it to.

Fun so far!  Although calling it GUI_GEVENT seems.. wrong.

dave