[IPython-User] [IPython-user] No output in notebook when accessed outside localhost

eklavyaa eklavyaa@gmail....
Mon Oct 31 08:46:04 CDT 2011

I am unable to get any output in the IPython notebook when I try to access it
remotely. I do get an output when I access it locally.

Here's the setup

Python 2.7.2
IPython 0.12.dev
Tornado Version: 2.0git
Mathjax https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax/tarball/v1.1

# start notebook on machine-1
$ ipython notebook --ip=* --port=5555

Now when I start Chrome (14.0.785.0 (Developer Build 87778 Linux)) on
machine-1, shift-enter works fine. I access the notebook through
http://machine1:5555. Here's the output:

In [1]: x = 1
In [2]: print x
1

However, when I do exactly the same thing from machine-2 (sits on a shared
filesystem, so I am using exactly the same Chrome binary and same Chrome
profile), shift-Enter just returns to the prompt without printing out
anything

In [ ]: x = 1
In [ ]: print x
In [ ]:

(Note that the line numbers are not getting printed either)

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks
-E