[IPython-User] printing exception upon entering debug mode

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Sep 4 10:14:02 CDT 2011

On 4 September 2011 15:37, Lev Givon <lev@columbia.edu> wrote:

> When I execute a program that raises an exception in ipython 0.11 with
> the %run magic and %pdb on, it doesn't appear to print the exception
> when entering debug mode. In previous versions of ipython, the
> exception would be printed immediately upon entering debug mode.
> Is there any way to re-enable the old behavior?

Looking at issue 690, it appears to be the same problem.

If anyone wants to try fixing it, have a look at the
InteractiveShell.showtraceback method:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/core/interactiveshell.py#L1500

Thanks,
Thomas