[IPython-User] ipcluster fails on Mac OSX (ssh-askpass not found)

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Wed Sep 7 14:27:39 CDT 2011

Hm, I can't think of a place where we explicitly try to use ssh-askpass
(acking for askpass reveals no matches in IPython).  Is this perhaps what
Python's own getpass uses?  What Python and OSX are you using?

What happens if you do:

from IPython.external.ssh import tunnel
tunnel.ssh_tunnel(8888, 80, 'yourhost')

in a regular Python/IPython session?

It would appear that I can tunnel just fine between my OSX machines.

-MinRK