[IPython-User] ctrl-C question

Bago mrbago@gmail....
Wed Sep 7 20:18:52 CDT 2011

I'm using configure_traits because that's what I discovered first, but this
is from the documentation:

This method is intended for use in applications that do not normally have a
GUI.

edit_traits can take a parent so it can be used when you're embedding inside
some other gui. configure_traits works nicely because I don't need to design
my own gui and it returns false when the user hits cancel and true when
he/she hit ok so I can do:

if f.configure_traits():
    do_something()

That being said I've run into this issue separate from traits, but I gave
that as an example because it's reproducible. I'm not sure what the root
cause is. I was hoping there was a relativly easy work around but I guess
I'm just going to have to break my ctrl-C habit.

Bago

ps I'm using redhat linux and max osx.