[IPython-User] [IPython-user] IPython LSF support

eklavyaa eklavyaa@gmail....
Thu Sep 8 18:15:25 CDT 2011

Thanks for that suggestion, it works now. To the extent I have been able to
test the system, the framework seems to be supporting LSF perfectly.

Here's what I did -

I further modified ipcluster_config.py by adding
c.IPClusterEngines.engine_launcher_class = 'LSFEngineSetLauncher'

Start controller + engine using "ipcluster engines --profile=lsf2 --n=2"

Now try an example

> from IPython.parallel import Client
> c = Client(profile='lsf2')
> map(lambda x:x**10, range(32)) == c[:].map_sync(lambda x: x**10,
> range(32))
True

#Now add two engines using "ipcluster engines --profile=lsf2 --n=2", then
check if the system still works

> map(lambda x:x**10, range(32)) == c[:].map_sync(lambda x: x**10,
> range(32))
True

# Now delete the two engines  that were initially started, then check if the
system still works

> map(lambda x:x**10, range(32)) == c[:].map_sync(lambda x: x**10,
> range(32))
True

Thanks for help!

-E

You are running into the fact that IPClusterStart is a subclass of
IPClusterEngines.

Setting `IPClusterEngines.engine_launcher_class` will set the launcher for
both `ipcluster engines` and `ipcluster start`, but setting
`IPClusterStart.engine_launcher_class` will only set it for `ipcluster
start`.