[IPython-User] vim-ipython without qtconsole

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Sep 9 12:35:42 CDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Martin Laprise <mlaprise.ml@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just discovered this morning the awesomeness of the vim-ipython extension.
> All the demo I saw so far uses the qtconsole. Can I use the vim-ipython
> without the qtconsole ? I've made some experiments and it doesn't seem to
> work.

I talked to Paul about it recently, but I don't know if he's made the
necessary changes yet or not.  With ipython master, the kernel can be
easily started by itself with just

ipython kernel

so it should be trivial to modify Paul's code to initialize only a
kernel without a live console connected to it.