[IPython-User] vim-ipython without qtconsole

reckoner reckoner@gmail....
Sat Sep 10 15:25:20 CDT 2011

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 10:52:35 -0700
> From: MinRK<benjaminrk@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [IPython-User] vim-ipython without qtconsole
> To: Martin Laprise<mlaprise.ml@gmail.com>
> Cc: ipython-user@scipy.org, Fernando Perez<fperez.net@gmail.com>
>
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:46, Martin Laprise<mlaprise.ml@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info. Just saw exactly that on the doc but when I run
>> 'ipython kernel' I get the following error:
>>
>> [TerminalIPythonApp] File not found: u'kernel'
>>
>> humm...
>>

> `ipython kernel` was added after 0.11.  In 0.11 you can start a kernel with:
>
> $>  python -c "from IPython.zmq.ipkernel import main; main()"
>
> -MinRK

When I do this I get:

--existing --shell=53164 --iopub=57979 --stdin=54810 --hb=0

*note* the zero at the end. When I source ipy.vim and try to connect to
this I get:

   IPython.zmq.kernelmanager.InvalidPortNumber: The port number for a
channel cannot be 0.

Note that ipy.vim works fine when using the qtconsole, but not using
this new method.

Also, I'm in windows xp with the latest clones from vim-ipython and ipython.

Thanks!