[IPython-User] vim-ipython without qtconsole

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Sep 10 15:34:07 CDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 1:25 PM, reckoner <reckoner@gmail.com> wrote:
>> $>  python -c "from IPython.zmq.ipkernel import main; main()"
>>
>> -MinRK
>
> When I do this I get:
>
> --existing --shell=53164 --iopub=57979 --stdin=54810 --hb=0
>
> *note* the zero at the end. When I source ipy.vim and try to connect to
> this I get:
>
>   IPython.zmq.kernelmanager.InvalidPortNumber: The port number for a
> channel cannot be 0.
>
> Note that ipy.vim works fine when using the qtconsole, but not using
> this new method.
>
> Also, I'm in windows xp with the latest clones from vim-ipython and ipython.

I think the issues with port 0 for the heartbeat socket was fixed
post-0.11, so you'll need to use git master for this to work properly,
I'm afraid.  We're still a few weeks from realistically looking at an
0.12 release, as we've landed a lot of new code recently that we need
to stabilize.