[IPython-User] Qnew flag for ipython-user qtconsole

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Sep 12 14:12:20 CDT 2011

Hi Edward,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Edward Chu <edchu79@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Is it possible to start ipython. 11 with the qtconsole while having
> the qnew flag set similar to running python -Qnew? I'd want it to persist
> through even the run command such that run .py script also has Qnew turned
> on for the execution of the script.  I'd like to avoid putting from
> __future__ import division everywhere

We have that as an option right now, and while not fundamentally
difficult it's not a one-liner, so I'd suggest you open an issue for
it on our tracker so we don't forget.  Note: it may not happen right
away, so if you make it a pull request instead the chances of it
happening soon go up :)

Best,