[IPython-User] Running multiple ipclusters on remote cluster w/ Sun Grid Engine.

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Sep 14 13:13:46 CDT 2011

Hi Dharhas,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Dharhas Pothina
<Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx.us> wrote:
> I ended up writing a script that connected to the cluster and made a copy of
> an already created profile with a new unique name, started ipcluster, waited
> till the json file was created and then retrieved the json file for use in a
> local client, runs my script and then cleans up afterwards.
>
> This seems to be working fairly well except when the local script exits
> because of an error. In that case, I need to log in and stop the engines,
> clean up files etc manually.

OK.  We probably should remove the assumption of a 1 to 1 mapping
between profiles and running clusters, but that will require a fair
bit of reorganization of code that uses that assumption, so I'm glad
you found a solution for now.