[IPython-User] notebook installation?

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Fri Sep 16 23:22:58 CDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 20:30, Toby Burnett <tburnett@uw.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using 0.11, which I really appreciate. I'd love to use the notebook,
> the Mathematica-like format that I really want.
> However, it is not distributed with the released 0.11, and apparently
> requires a special branch installation. I've looked everywhere for
> instructions to get it instead: could someone post such and/or add them to
> the cookbook? The standard docs are fine for installing dependencies and
> *using* it.

It's just in current IPython master.  If you install IPython from git, you
will have the notebook.

$> git clone git://github.com/ipython/ipython.git
$> python setupegg.py develop

or one-liner for installing the current snapshot:
$> easy_install https://github.com/ipython/ipython/tarball/master

Then just `ipython notebook` to start it up.

-MinRK