[IPython-User] qtconsole questions about run after %edit magic command, and tab setting

Joon Ro joonpyro@gmail....
Sun Sep 18 00:20:09 CDT 2011

Hi,

I've got some questions regarding qtconsole:

1. Is there easy way to run the last script edited with %edit magic
command?
I can do %run /tmp/ipython_edit_9YlocI.py but I have copy & paste the file
path, so it would be great if there is any easier way.

2. It seems %edit -p is not working. It just opens up the editor with
another tmp file. Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my
setting? (I'm using gvim as the editor) It seems it works in the terminal
ipython.

3. Is there any way to set the indent behavior? Currently when I press tab
key ipython inserts \t. I want it to insert 4 spaces instead, and I was
wondering if there is any setting where I can do this.

Thank you!
Joon