[IPython-User] Notebook with Chrome 14

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen@fastmail....
Mon Sep 19 05:34:40 CDT 2011

This morning I noticed that my IPython notebooks didn't work any more - pressing Shift-Return simply advances the cursor to the next cell, but does not cause the current cell to be executed.

Searching for what could have changed since Thursday, I found the (automatic) update of Chrome to version 14 as the only candidate. And indeed my notebooks work just fine with Safari.

So if you use Chrome for your notebooks, better disable automatic updates if it's not too late already...

Konrad.