[IPython-User] modify a running script

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Sat Sep 24 00:26:27 CDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Piotr Zolnierczuk
<piotr.zolnierczuk@gmail.com> wrote:
> That does not solve the 'modify and continue' problem, does it?

Depending on the code, it can - one way would be to implement some
sort of checkpointing in response to the signal, so you can "resume"
once the parameters are updated. I use this technique to interrupt an
iterative unsupervised learning algorithm, such that it returns the
intermediate results obtained so far, as well as anything else need to
restart it from the same point, then I change the learning rate, and
fire it up again.

best,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: