[IPython-User] HOWTO Installation from source without administrator permission?

HM hgmercurial@yeah....
Tue Sep 27 20:57:08 CDT 2011

Thanks a lot!
Greate help!

2011-09-28

HM

发件人: Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2011-09-28 09:38
主 题: Re: [IPython-User] HOWTO Installation from source without administrator permission?
收件人: HM <hgmercurial@yeah.net>
抄 送: ipython-user <ipython-user@scipy.org>

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, this is just how python installation works for any
> package, it has nothing to do with ipython; here are the docs on this
> feature:
>
> http://docs.python.org/install/index.html#alternate-installation-the-user-scheme

I should add for the sake of completeness that while the installation
of python packages in the above fashion doesn't require any further
configuration on your part (python itself takes care of it
automatically), the *user scripts* (such as the 'ipython' command)
will go into ~/.local/bin.  So you should add that to your search path
to ensure your version is found.  In the Bash shell, you'd use
something along the lines of

export PATH=$HOME/.local/bin:$PATH

in your ~/.bashrc for this purpose.

Best,