[IPython-User] inline graphs not rendered in notebook's "print view"

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Fri Apr 6 14:32:03 CDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 12:14, reckoner <reckoner@gmail.com> wrote:

> > have you saved the notebook containing the graphs? It is the saved
> version that is used when generating the print preview.
> >
> > /J?rgen
> >
> > 6 apr 2012 kl. 16:59 skrev reckoner<reckoner@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have created a notebook using
> >>
> >> % ipython notebook --pylab=inline
> >>
> >> and everything works properly with the figures being rendered in the
> >> browser. However, when I select "print" view, I don't see any of the
> >> embedded graphs. In fact, even when I try to print the notebook directly
> >> using the browser (ie. latest Firefox or Chrome), the graphics are not
> >> printed.
> >>
> >> Is this a bug or am I missing something in the configuration.
> >>
> >> I am using Python version 2.6, the latest IPython version from the
> >> repository, and Windows XP.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>

> It works! That was pretty nonobvious. It that in the documentation?
> Maybe it would be a good idea to automatically save before "print view"?

Yes, that's absolutely the ideal, but previous attempts at 'implied-save'
have resulted in colliding with browser pop-up blockers.  I'm convinced
that we can do it, though.

-MinRK