[IPython-User] Running profile startup files in an embedded IPython instance

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Sun Apr 8 14:07:52 CDT 2012

As discussed here <https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/1536>, startup
scripts/code are one way of initializing the namespace, while embedding in
a scope is another.  It's unusual to do both, so there isn't an
official/convenient way to do this.  Once you have started the embedded
session, you can run all your startup scripts yourself pretty easily:

import os, glob
for f in glob.glob(os.path.join(get_ipython().profile_dir.startup_dir,
'*.py')):
    %run -i $f

-MinRK