[IPython-User] Python code in a markdown cell

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Tue Apr 10 10:51:04 CDT 2012

Mike,

We have thought about this, but don't have a solution yet.  There are
some subtle issues involved, especially if you want to keep the field
updated as the corresponding python object changes.

Cheers,

Brian

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Michael Hadmack <hadmack@hawaii.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way that you can execute python code from within a markdown cell?
>  For example I want to refer to the value a result from an earlier python
> cell from within my markdown text.  Presently I just copy and paste but I
> would like to do this dynamically.  Really what I suppose is needed is a new
> markdown tag that will pass the contents to IPython.display() via
> Javascript??.  Thanks.
>
> -Mike

Brian E. Granger