[IPython-User] Ipython on Windows - duplicate prompt

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@kroywen...
Tue Apr 10 13:02:24 CDT 2012

I see no problems when using python3.2, pyreadline2.0-dev1, and ipython
0.12.

I get one prompt on startup. If I enter a text that has several matches
then I get a repeated prompt when tabcompleting (this is how it has
always worked). See below for an example session.

I have no ideas on what could cause your problems. Do you have anything
in your ipython startup or in script pointed to by PYTHONSTARTUP that
could cause this?

/Jörgen

(py32) C:\python\ipydevel\VENV> .\py32\Scripts\ipython3.exe
Python 3.2 (r32:88445, Feb 20 2011, 21:29:02) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]

IPython 0.12 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object', use 'object??' for extra details.

In [1]: !pip freeze
coverage==3.5.1
distribute==0.6.24
ipython==0.12