[IPython-User] Ipython on Windows - duplicate prompt

Paul Moore p.f.moore@gmail....
Tue Apr 10 13:57:53 CDT 2012

On 10 April 2012 19:02, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson@kroywen.se> wrote:
> I see no problems when using python3.2, pyreadline2.0-dev1, and ipython
> 0.12.
>
> I get one prompt on startup. If I enter a text that has several matches
> then I get a repeated prompt when tabcompleting (this is how it has
> always worked). See below for an example session.
>
> I have no ideas on what could cause your problems. Do you have anything
> in your ipython startup or in script pointed to by PYTHONSTARTUP that
> could cause this?

Thanks for the confirmation. I've just installed on another PC and
don't have the problem there, so I guess it must be *something* in an
old config file somewhere. The PC I hit the problem is one I've used
ipython on in the past, but only to "try it out" - I don't in all
honesty know where I'd find the config files. But I'll have a look
round.

I'll have a dig around tomorrow when I'm back at the PC I saw the problems on.

Thanks,
Paul.