[IPython-User] Tab auto-completion in ipdb

Joon Ro joonpyro@gmail....
Thu Apr 12 08:14:25 CDT 2012

Hi,

putting from ipdb import set_trace; set_trace() in the code gives me
tab-autocompletion enabled debugging session. It seems it only works with
terminal ipython though. (does not work in qtconsole)

You might want to use from IPython import embed; embed() instead, as it
will just drop into an ipython session at that point. But it seems tab
completion does not work in qtconsole in this case either.

Best,
Joon