[IPython-User] Google Codejam notebook template

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Fri Apr 13 06:16:26 CDT 2012

The qualification round for Google Codejam starts later today. I've
updated my template for codejam solutions into a notebook - it's just
a bit of boilerplate for the usual input and output formats the
contest uses. I've put it in a gist, and anyone's welcome to use it:

https://gist.github.com/2375802

Direct download:
https://gist.github.com/raw/2375802/044b85eb568cfda4ead624d73b78d4fc22caeb97/gcj_template.ipynb

The .ipynb file is in notebook format 3, so you'll need the
development version (not 0.12) to open it. If you prefer to stick with
0.12, the gist also includes a .py version which you should be able to
import.

I think it should be OK to upload a notebook as source code (it's
readable using freely available tools), but if you're concerned about
that, you can start the notebook server with the '--script' option,
which will save a .py file every time you save the notebook.

Thanks,
Thomas