[IPython-User] toggle code in ipython notebook

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Sun Apr 15 14:30:59 CDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 12:20, Arvind Subramaniam <rasi1983@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>  I just started using IPython and its notebook version a week back for my
> data analysis, so excuse me if this is obvious: Is there a way to export
> the notebook without the code but with everything else (output cells,
> markdown etc.)? This feature will be useful to send the results of my data
> analysis to my collaborators who will not necessarily be interested in
> looking at all the code that I wrote to do the analysis.

No, that's not implemented, but it wouldn't be hard to do.  Do you want the
result to still be a notebook, or a separate format altogether?  For a
separate output format, you would need to write an exporter that simply
skips the `source` element of code cells.

If it should still be a notebook, you can actually hide all inputs by
adding a markdown cell to the *end* of your document, with the contents:

<script type="text/javascript">
    $('div.input').hide();
</script>

To get them back, simply change the cell to use `show()` instead of
`hide()`.

-MinRK