[IPython-User] emacs notebook cell navigation and execution support in fgallinas python.el

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Apr 19 19:32:11 CDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Thomas Hisch <t.hisch@gmail.com> wrote:
> If this PR does not get accepted I will create a separate extension for it.
>
> Screenshot (just shows the fontification of the cell line)
> http://imgur.com/S1JdO
>
> Maybe you find this useful

Very neat!  I want to stress that over time, it's possible that the
notebook format will evolve structure that won't be easily
representable as markup comments in a .py file.  We have NOT committed
to any kind of roundtrip capability between .ipynb/.py formats.  We
only offer export in both directions, but with the likelihood that the
roundtrip operation proves lossy.

But as long as people are aware of that, this is cool!