[IPython-User] %run and folders (newbie question)

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Apr 20 12:50:54 CDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Hugo Ahlenius <fraxinus@oxel.net> wrote:

> I have been using ipython for quite a while, but I feel that I only use a
> fraction of the features.
>
> Anyways - how can I add folders so that I can execute files using %run
> without specifying the full path to the script?

That feature doesn't exist at this time.  And I'm not sure it's a good
idea to add it, given that in general magic search paths are prone to
creating confusion; 'explicit is better than implicit' and all that...