[IPython-User] [IPython-user] reload magic

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Apr 23 00:51:32 CDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM, M Trumpis <mtrumpis@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Am I crazy, or did I used to be able to do "reload module" instead of
> "reload(module)" ? I updated IPython from trunk the other day, and now
> "reload module" results in a syntax error (it doesn't appear to be
> magically translated).

No, it's just that autocalling got a bit more conservative and is now
off by default.  You can still configure it to 'smart' (the old
default) or 'full' if you want, but over time we've found enough
problems triggered by autocall that we decided to make it off by
default.  I keep it on (in 'smart' mode), but that's b/c I know what
to expect.