[IPython-User] User survey findings

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Apr 23 01:24:38 CDT 2012

Hey Thomas,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've decided to close the IPython user survey that we've been running for
> the last few months. Although it was still getting new responses, I think
> it's more useful for us to have a snapshot of our userbase in 2011 than a
> continuous stream of data. It can hopefully form a baseline to see the
> impact of new tools like the Qt console and the HTML notebook.
>
> I've described what we found on the website:
> http://ipython.org/usersurvey2011.html

Thanks again for writing up this summary (after doing all the work of
running the survey)!  I just realized that the survey is kind of
hidden on the site right now: nothing links to it directly.  Where
would you prefer to link it from?  The sidebar 'More Info' section?
The documentation section?  Having a couple of links to it would help
discoverability, and at the end of 2012 or in 2013 we might want to
reactivate it to see what has changed once a year or two have gone
by...

The industry breakdown is indeed quite interesting... This makes me
think:  I'd love it if folks could provide us with short 'IPython
success' stories we could add to the site (and they could come from
any origin, not just industry but also academia and hobbyists).