[IPython-User] Running profile startup files in an embedded IPython instance

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Apr 23 05:33:38 CDT 2012

On 23 April 2012 05:47, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> %load_ext storemagic
>
> The reasons for it being an extension are really mostly historical
> accident

It was a bit more than that: I think the extension framework is a good
way to create a lot of loosely coupled components, without the core
having to know much about each. The core just needs a module name, and
it can use a standard interface to initialise the component. But if we
do go down that route, we'll need to refine the framework a bit to
differentiate core components which should always be loaded from
optional extensions.

Thomas