[IPython-User] websocket problem in remote html notebook with Mac OS X Safari

Andrew Jaffe a.h.jaffe@gmail....
Tue Apr 24 08:35:29 CDT 2012

Hi all,

On 11/01/2012 17:15, Brian Granger wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Aaron Meurer<asmeurer@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> OK, as long as it's a known issue.
>>>
>>> But it would be great to get it working, especially on *MobileSafari*,
>>> which would then mean iPad access to iPython!
>>>
>>> Andrew
>>
>> On a related note, a mobile version of the notebook would be awesome.
>> RIght now, it would be very annoying to use (if it even works at all;
>> I haven't tried it), because, for example, Shift-Enter is impossible
>> to type on a mobile device.
>
> Yes, definitely, we plan on doing that based on jqeury mobile:
>
> http://jquerymobile.com/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian

I am wondering if there is any prognosis for fixing this issue -- at
least the websocket one, if not the more general mobile interface (some
of the changes for 0.12.1 seemed to imply it had been fixed, but wss
connections to Safari still fail).

Andrew

Andrew