[IPython-User] No response to client from ipcontroller

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Tue Apr 24 12:40:56 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 06:54, Adam Davis <addavis@fosterandpartners.com>wrote:

> Hi Fernando,
>
> The problem persists with 0.13-dev pulled from git master. I can
> successfully distribute tasks when the controller is invoked from the
> ipython/parallel/apps directory, but not when it is invoked from the
> Python/Scripts directory (neither via the compiled executable nor via
> ipcontroller-script.py in that directory).

The fact that it's behaving differently between the installed scripts and
running the entry point directly suggests to me that you have multiple
conflicting IPythons installed.  Try removing every trace of IPython, and
installing again.

> Also, when running the controller from this checkout, I'm getting a log
> message:
>
>        ERROR:root:Shouldn't have handled a send event
>
> It is emitted every second (I'm guessing), probably in time with the
> heartbeat. This doesn't prevent the cluster from running and it starts
> immediately after the normal information logged on startup of the
> controller.
>
> Let me know if there's any more information I can supply to help in
> troubleshooting either of these issues.

Python and PyZMQ version?  If your pyzmq version is < 2.1.11, please update
it.

-MinRK