[IPython-User] Gate One - web-based terminal emulator

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Apr 25 15:03:30 CDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM, riskable <riskable@youknowwhat.com> wrote:
> Hey there...  I'm the author of Gate One (the mysterious, "they" =).  I
> thought I'd pop in and confirm that it is indeed IPython being shown in
> those screenshots (and the video).  In fact, I use IPython every day!
> Especially when I'm working on Gate One.

Glad to hear that :)

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M_9I9ofFLU

Very cool!

> at the other end of an SSH tunnel with very little overhead/latency.  The
> SSH plugin includes a execRemoteCmd() function (JavaScript) that will run
> whatever command you want on such a multiplexed shell (in the background)
> and call a given callback with the result.

That is *precisely* the refactoring of the ipython notebook JS that we
have in progress, to enable similar things in the notebook.  Glad to
hear you guys have that same design and that it works so well.