[IPython-User] map/reduce examples?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Apr 26 00:45:35 CDT 2012

Hi Darren,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Darren Govoni <darren@ontrenet.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Is there an example out there of doing map/reduce with ipython?
> I know its probably not that complicated to develop, but wanted to see
> what others had done first.

No, a full-blown example with all the mapreduce semantics hasn't been
implemented, but the key binary tree reduction step was recently
written up by Min, it's in a PR that's almost ready to go in:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/1295

If you want to work on providing the remainder of the MapReduce api
along with the canonical wordcount implementation (that's the "hello
world" of the MapReduce universe), it would be great!  Let us know and
we can try to finish up that PR so you have that layer ready to work
from.