[IPython-User] retrieve history for old version ipython?

Chao YUE chaoyuejoy@gmail....
Thu Apr 26 06:56:03 CDT 2012

Dear all,

I realised I made a mistake to update ipython before I retrieved the shadow
history command code.
I use pip update ipython to update my ipython from 0.1.10 to 0.1.12.
But I still have some shadow history code that I want to copy from old
version 0.1.10.
now when I type ipython on the terminal, it goes directly to ipython 0.1.12
and the old shadow history code isn't there anymore.
I guess there is no way to go to the old 0.1.10 version and use %hist -g to
get the shadow history anymore?

thanks for any suggestions,

chao

Chao YUE
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE-IPSL)
UMR 1572 CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Batiment 712 - Pe 119
91191 GIF Sur YVETTE Cedex
Tel: (33) 01 69 08 29 02; Fax:01.69.08.77.16