[IPython-User] Fwd: adding control to notebook

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Mon Apr 30 01:56:17 CDT 2012

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the comments, even if they are a bit discouraging:) I see the
problem with the second server, and initially I was thinking of a
javascript backend similar to that of gnuplot's: the data are stored in
a file, there is no need to run a separate server:
http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/demo_canvas_4.6/
In the light of your objections, I wonder whether it would be easier to
get away with adding some interactivity to the SVG backend. I am not
sure whether zooming/panning could be achieved, but simple mouse-over
effects, like reading off coordinates and so on can relatively easily be
implemented. I will look into that, if you think that is useful.

Cheers,
Zoltán