[IPython-User] Swap enter and shift-enter in notebook?

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Thu Aug 2 01:35:20 CDT 2012

You can't customize this, it is hard-wired in
/IPython/frontend/html/notebook/static/js/notebook.js, but if you want
to change the keybinding, you might even have to tamper with
codecell.js, because you have to catch enter in codemirror, I believe.

As for Maple, it was stated many a time that the ipython frontend was
inspired by Mathematica, and I believe, in this case it did really make
sense: working with larger blocks of code, you would want to enter a
newline more frequently than execute the cell.
Cheers,
Zoltán