[IPython-User] Ipython Kernal Freezes with text.usetex set to True

Jeffrey Spencer jeffspencerd@gmail....
Thu Aug 2 04:35:11 CDT 2012

I've noticed that if I enable in matplotlibrc or just interactively set the
rcparam for:
text.usetex : True

Then plot a couple figures. The kernel just keeps asking to restart. If I
hit no, then continue working it appears everything is fine and operates
flawlessly but will just keep asking every 5 or 10 seconds until I hit
restart. If disabled I can have a session going for days no problems.

Anyone have any ideas why this is occurring or how to debug further.

It usually starts when I try to plot and not necessarily the first figure
but usually relatively quickly I have to restart. Within 20 minutes of
starting that kernal.

Cheers