[IPython-User] Ipython Kernal Freezes with text.usetex set to True

Thu Aug 2 04:56:51 CDT 2012

Hi,

Which version/ OS/ fronted ?

I have one notebook that use

matplotlib.rcParams['text.usetex']=True

For a long time now, always using dev, and I never had to restart the kernel, at least not for plotting…
Are your figures really complex ?
Any chance you can share a minimal reproducible example ?

you can also look at
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/1198

For example to try to increase heartbeat, see if it fixes the problem.
--
Matthias