[IPython-User] Best way to share notebook data

Adam Hughes hughesadam87@gmail....
Fri Aug 3 18:31:34 CDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I have been using the notebook as a means of keeping reports.  I like that
the notebook is "alive", but sometimes I want to share a static copy with
my adviser and collaborators.  Most of them don't use python at all, and
won't actually need to interact with the notebook; they are merely viewing
my notebook as a report and don't have ipython.

I noticed that when I do File: Print View, then save the page to my
computer, it looks fine when I open it locally.  But then when I email it,
if I open the attachment from the email, it looks misformatted.  The cells
are no longer grey-shaded and all the plots/text runs together.  This is
what the recipient receives.  I can't figure out if this is a problem
sending the file via email or if something else is causing the problem.

I"m using firefox on an ubuntu build with ipython-0.13.1-1.egg

Has anyone else had this problem?