[IPython-User] Best way to share notebook data

Sat Aug 4 02:10:10 CDT 2012

Le 4 août 2012 à 01:31, Adam Hughes a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have been using the notebook as a means of keeping reports.  I like that the notebook is "alive", but sometimes I want to share a static copy with my adviser and collaborators.  Most of them don't use python at all, and won't actually need to interact with the notebook; they are merely viewing my notebook as a report and don't have ipython.
>
> I noticed that when I do File: Print View, then save the page to my computer, it looks fine when I open it locally.

I guess this is because the css is served by your computer on 127.0.0.01...

> But then when I email it, if I open the attachment from the email, it looks misformatted.
which the others computer can't connect to.

> The cells are no longer grey-shaded and all the plots/text runs together.  This is what the recipient receives.  I can't figure out if this is a problem sending the file via email or if something else is causing the problem.
You can try to print the "print-wiew" as a PDF and mail it.

or look at http://github.com/ipython/nbconvert

./nbconvert --format [ html | pdf | est ] myfile.ipynb
which should make a html and media folder you can email.

with some tweak you should be able to have the images still inlined into the html file.

> I"m using firefox on an ubuntu build with ipython-0.13.1-1.egg
We already have a 0.13.1 released ?

--
Matthias