[IPython-User] Swap enter and shift-enter in notebook?

Sat Aug 4 09:35:40 CDT 2012

Le 3 août 2012 à 02:23, Michael McNeil Forbes a écrit :

> On 2 Aug 2012, at 12:39 AM, Matthias Bussonnier wrote:
>> Sorry for the brievty, answer from my phone.
>>
>> If you use 0.14 dev. you can overwrite ipython file without touching
>> the server.
>> Just add them into .ipython/profile/profile_xxx/
>>

> This seems to work fine:
> 1) Install IPython 0.14-dev from github on server.
> 2) Copy notebook.js and codecell.js to ~/.ipython/profile/profile_xxx/
> static/js/ from
>    https://raw.github.com/ipython/ipython/master/IPython/
>    Note: this profile name must match the name of the profile on the
> server. This is a
>    little strange in terms of UI since the name of this profile is
> not even visible

usually you start your notebook with --profile=whatever
if you don't say anything it will use…default

>    from the web interface, but probably makes sense from a dev.
> perspective to localize
>    the effects.
> 3) Swap the shift-flag near as follows
>
>         if (event.which == key.ENTER) {
>             // MMF Customization: swap enter and shift-enter
>             event.shiftKey = !event.shiftKey;
>         }
>
>     Do this near the start of the following function in codecell.js
>
>        CodeCell.prototype.handle_codemirror_keyevent = function
> (editor, event) {
>
>     and near the start of the following block in notebook.js
>
>        $(document).keydown(function (event) {
>
> While I am at it I might add a sequence for joining two adjacent
> blocks.  Is there
> a function that will do this simply?

IPython.notebook.merge_cell_above();
IPython.notebook.merge_cell_below();

is IMHO what you want.

if you ever want to refactor the javascript and
make something that allows to easily configure the keybindings (dict of {key:function}) for example
we love Pull requests.
--
Matthias