[IPython-User] _repr_html_ CSS and javascripts?

Mon Aug 6 12:34:29 CDT 2012

Le 6 août 2012 à 19:22, reckoner a écrit :

> I'm happily using the _repr_html_ method in my object with basic HTML.
> Since I can't find any further documentation on this, can I use CSS
> styles and/or javascript in my renderings?

for javascript use _repr_javascript_

from IPython.display import Javascript
…

def _repr_js_(self) :
	…..
	js= Javascript(…)
	return js._repr_javascript()

is the easiest.

QtConsole does not support Javascript, and
Javascript created element are not stored so not viewable when converting/reloading notebooks.
So having HTML fallback is always a good idea.

--
matthias