[IPython-User] Pylab inline in windows virtualenv

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Tue Aug 7 06:30:42 CDT 2012

On 7 August 2012 09:29, Adam Davis <addavis@fosterandpartners.com> wrote:
> From within a virtual_env on Windows 7. Previously, I was having trouble
> with IPython 'recognizing' the virtual_env -- it was starting from the
> virtualenv's interpreter but not including the virtual_env's PYTHONPATH
> directories in sys.path. I worked around this issue by including a startup
> script in my IPython profile to append the appropriate directories to
> IPython's sys.path, using a modified version of the script shown here:
>
> http://igotgenes.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/interactive-sandboxes-using-ipython.html

Have you tried with the latest version of IPython (0.13)? We've now
included a version of that script in IPython itself, so it might work
better.

You can also try installing IPython itself inside the virtualenv; then
it should work properly without needing any special tricks.

Thomas