[IPython-User] Advice on using a prefilter

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Tue Aug 7 15:55:49 CDT 2012

On 7 August 2012 21:35, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is monkey-patching run_cell going to be as evil as it sounds?

It's going to be more evil than it sounds. run_cell is pretty much the
core function of IPython, and we really don't want people
monkeypatching it.

I think for now your best bet is to use the existing prefilter API,
and accept that it doesn't work for multiline cells yet.

Issue 1491 is about this. I've just bumped the priority to high,
milestoned it for the next release and assigned myself. I'll do my
utmost to look into this in the next few days.

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/1491

Thanks,
Thomas